Thursday, October 14, 2004

Break My Heart And Step On It Twice: A Contest



This is a serious contest for any participant who wants to recieve an amazing mix mix cd. The following short story is comprised of song titles and lyrics from the mix cd, Break My Heart And Step On It Twice The song titles are underlined, and in sequencial order of the mix cd. Send me a list of tracks and the artist who sings them, and I will send you Break My Heart And Step On It Twice as a prize. Remember to include your mailing address in the email. Just click on the picture above to send me the mail. (Incomplete lists are OK, this is basically a chance for you to hear new music, so take it! )

Chaper 1: Nonesense

I don't like your company, so sick of you. Don't want to be your friend no more, leave me alone. Or maybe, you be you and I'll be me, close but independently. Perhaps, some velvet morning when I'm straight, you will open up your gate and we can talk about the remnants of Percy Bass and Irma. I hear she waits by the window, vaguely looking down at her socks for the calendar that hung itself... But I really wonder does she kiss your eyelids in the morning when you start to raise your head; does she walk around all day at school with her feet inside your shoes looking down every few steps to pretend she is with you? I know we're both sorry that you always seemed to lose the spark when you were only half undressed, but at least when you shake the dog's howl.

Chapter3: All your Women Things

I know I will miss all your hardness, all your softness, and your mercy. But I prithee send me back my heart, because this plane is definitely crashing and I have shit luck. I know we shall overcome if the machine wool can clean the mess. However, I am falling out of love (with you), because I was horse, you were mean and we designed drum machines. I want you to know that I love the valley OH! (It's the heart and the both of you made it, and I won't rest until I break it) I tried to make it work, you in a coat tailed skirt, and me in a suit, well it just wasn't me. Take your hands off me, I don't belong to you, take a look at my face for the last time, let's just say hello and wave goodbye.

Chapter 5: Who loves you now?

I ask myself: does anybody love you, do you think that anybody is in love with you? And as the reality sets in, I head down to the place where lovers go to cry their troubles away, lonesome town, where the broken hearts stay. There I will make my "tons confession", amidst a sea of doubt. Now I play the "Shouting in a Bucket Blues" on my stereo, on repeat. I sing, "sometimes I get to drunk, and feel so god damned low. I have no place to go, no one to turn to."

Chapter 8: Sea Shore and Horizon

Now I see the trees are thinning, my eyes see the sea shore there. Shimmering, the sea is pretty, shimmer salty air. Now I see a world beginning, but I will always remember, forever.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger

Statistics