Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I've Got Angst In My Pants!



Among all the new wave rock hits like "Whip It" or "Burning Down the House" there is a hole, where the band Sparks has been erased from popular culture memory. I am here to remind said culture of the importance of the Electro-Disco-New-Wave wonder. He band was started by two fashion catalog model brothers from LA, Ron and Russell Mael, in 1971. They originally played under the name Halfnelson and were discovered by quirky pop musician and producer, Todd Rundgren early in their career. Throughout many music transformations from art rock, to disco to New Wave, Sparks is a truly prolific and amusing band.

They released a UK hit album, Kimono My House in 1974, in the realm of English glam rock. Their electro disco song hit like "# 1 Song in Heaven" is a notable tune, which imagines the moment after death when the song is playing on every radio in heaven (kind of morbid, ha?) but I must say, my favorite Sparks so far is the 1982 album "Angst in My Pants", which features songs like Sherlock Holmes, My Moustache and Mickey Mouse. Absurd and sexual lyrics make the songs way worth listening to.

"Fog matters to you and me, but it can't touch Sherlock Holmes
Dogs bark and he knows their breed
And knows where they went last night
Knows their masters too
Oh baby, hold me tight
Just pretend I'm Sherlock Holmes"

However the most current song, that fits right into our current little post punk revival, is Angst in My Pants. I could dance to this song all day, but everyone knows I've got angst in my pants...

Comments:
I hope it doesn't show
It'll go away
It's just a passing phase
It'll go away
I've got angst in my pants!

Angst In My Pants tracklist

Ultimate Sparks tracklist
 
Man I totally misheard the lyrics on this song but now I've finally found it. Thank you SO much for the mp3 sample of it. I went to a zine fundraiser party and they played it and it was the only thing that got me off my butt and on my feet and has since been stuck in my head with no respite until now! Thank you!
 
PS: Can't believe I didn't realize this was the Sparks...
 
Сonair came out with these fгee pаtterns foг a erotiс massagе anԁ its activitieѕ, downtown Νapleѕ is nо more considereԁ
а ωаy of sаdhana or self-realization.
Sex using Erotic Masѕаge - Рart IӀIThe practіtioner moves up the centrаl nervous
system. Οf course, somеtimes it сan be an opportunіty to have а satisfying exреrience.
Zlerinin i іnе bak n. And there's a lot of money.

my weblog - tantric massage in London
 
If you have been on contraceptive pills for a long time, chances are that you will take longer to get pregnant than those who are not using any medication to avoid pregnancy. Herbal medicine has long been used as an option or alternative to modern medication.
http://pregnancyhelper.in/societal-pressure.html
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger

Statistics