Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Our Bones Were Chalk



Imagining dust and ashes of someone gone is similar to the music I hear from Robot Ate me. It is like sad drum machines and intimate vocals, maybe some accordions. The vocals are clear yet the sounds are sometimes muted. This band falls along the lines of avant pop, electronic pop and something I found at a thrift store, like a little sad knitted doll in colors like an old 70s photograph. It sounds like a strange grey day where skeletons have picnics on the ashes of their former lives.

With that introduction, Here is a little track, Our Bones Were Chalk, that seems to emanate the ashes of sound. Another slightly faster tune,On Vacation from the album On Vacation, seems like a cross between Neutral Milk Hotel and Postal Service. I must confess the former track from the 2002 release, They Ate Themselves suits my melancholy fancy more than the newer number, but I suppose we can't all stay sad forever..

This band is coming to San Francisco (and alot of other US locations) on a tour. Check out the SF show: 3/23 San Francisco, CA - Makeoutroom
It is next week, but I can't make it.. Their website has all the tour dates listed.

GO see them and report back!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger

Statistics