Monday, November 15, 2004

The Girls Have Got It!



I think it is time to write about a lady or two. I have to give a shout out to my friends to the north, the Canadian pop group, Pony Up. The formed New Years Eve, 2002 and have not stopped since. The group has a low-fi sounds of keyboards and vocals, simple drum lines and nostalgia. I can't quite explain why I like this track, Marlon Brando's Laundromat so much. I think it is the doubled vocals and lyrics about rollerskates and laundromats. Either way, I believe that this group is going to be making a mark on the indie pop scene. I know they just toured this coast, and I missed the show... but think they will be back.

Their sound is reminiscent of girl groups from the early 90s likeBelly and That Dog. these bands were essential to my musical make up in high school. They represent a time when female indie pop/rock groups were getting air play, with out succuming to makeover mania. They made sweet, sad, sometimes hard songs that allowed me to feel that I could face the world as myself. I guess they were role models for me. One of my favoriate That Dog songs was He's Kissing Christian, a song about a gay friend coming out. It was an anthem for me, as my best friend in middle shcool was gay. But it is also a great pop song, that I can still listen to today.

And so I say,
thank you ladies for making me feel less silent.

Comments:
this is allison. i love marlon brando's laundromat too!
 
hey this is lindsay, i was wondering if you knew the lyrics to marlon brando's laundromat? i can't find them anywhere!
 
Alright I was bored before work looking for the lyrics with no result so I listen to the song and here are the lyrics the only snag was the first verse I'm not quite for sure if the missing word is middle but besides that here are the lyrics


Rolling Skating down the …the laundryman will always change
My thought they remain the same I’m so out of style
Hear the floor won’t give way cause here with me you will stay
My roller-skates won’t make me fall you are here to catch me

Here you kiss me and you mean it
Marlon Brando's Laundromat
There nothing you can save me from that I can’t save myself

Marlon never here to see the dryer always break
But I rather be with you asleep than anywhere awake


Here you kiss me and you mean it
Marlon Brando's Laundromat
There nothing you can save me from that I can’t save myself

Tonight all my clothes are dirty tonight
Tonight Marlon Help me wash my clothes tonight
Tonight I’m staying home and I’ll sleep tight.


Marlon never here to see the dryer always break
But I rather be with you asleep than anywhere awake

ENJOY Love
Minus The Tsoris
 
there really the best!!

but this is about an other song; bad thoughts from the sky flakes==> do you have the lyrics of that song because i can't find them annywhere

BUT THIS SONG IS THE BEST
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger

Statistics