Wednesday, May 05, 2004

THE BEST THINGS OCCUR BENEITH A FULL MOON

I had a rockus Butoh class last night with Hiroko Tamano, who is really insane and energetic. My 3 best butoh friends went with me and made it all the better. We decided to go for a post class drink, but i got kicked out of the bar for not having aan ID as it was stolen on Sat. So i walked dejected out of the bar and called my mom on my cell phone, and told her i was happy, even though everything seemed like crap.

I was upset because my friend was upset, and i felt responsible. I always do that. He had a bad day, and was in a bad mood, and wouldn't talk about it, so I felt bad, shut out. And concerned... As class started, I knew that the infantile voice and instructions of our last teacher were only a slightly traumatic dream. This teacher had guts and energy, she knew butoh and knew how to feel the transfomatioon and how to transmit the haha, the flower.
She shared bits of wisdom like "the universe only gives problems to us, if we are ready to solve them"
The class seemed to never end, and as the time went by, I wondered if it was past 10pm, when we should have left. A woman lept from her seated position and went to close the classroom doors which were open to a very sketchy street in downtown oakland... She yelled out "STOP!" at a man who ran down the street with a bag from one of the students.( I though, great... not again, I just got my bag stolen for a second time. I don't even have enything left for them to steal...)
We were all riled up, and i checked my phone for time, to discover that it was 10:58... one hour later than class should have ended. Our space case teacher had left the door open and wolfgang, the german student, lost his id and visa, and kept us all one hour late. So I did what anyone would do. I called 911. Filed a report, made a joke to everyone about how I was robbed on sat. I drove home feeling high on the moon, which was full...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger

Statistics